Almedina Middle Eastern Grill opens in BristolHALAL STATUS Fully Halal
Dining at Almedina is an experience that combines generous Middle Eastern hospitality with traditional recipes and quality ingredients.
A grill and juice bar has introduced the meaty flavours of the Middle East to the many culinary options located in Bristol’s Stokes Croft.
Named after the famous city in the land of the two holy mosques, Almedina is a 90-seater restaurant whose decor has managed to capture the colourful traits and charm of the region.
With its website proclaiming hospitality to be “the bedrock of Middle Eastern culture”, the menu appears to offer a wide range of dishes typical of that part of the world.
From cold mezzes, which include Spicy Hummus, Tzatziki, Baba Ghanoush, Stuffed Vine Leaves and Tabbouleh, to its hot counterparts, such as the Middle East favourite, Halab Kubba – deep fried rice dough balls filled with spiced minced lamb, this restaurant is aiming at authenticity.
Judging by the images on their social media pages, their grills appear to be your typical hearty, generous ones.
A Mixed Shish of marinated lamb and chicken cubes will, for instance, set you back £12.95, while their large Lamb Chops, which are said to be marinated over night with Almedina’s special spices, will cost you £16.50.
But arguably their most mouth-watering choices have to be Almedina’s selection of meat- and seafood-based Special Platters:
- Almedina Platter 1 – Kofta kebab, chicken shish, lamb shish, chicken kofta, chicken wings, £26.95.
- Almedina Platter 2 – 2x Kofta kebab, 1x chicken kofta, 2x pcs chicken musahab, 1x chicken shish, 1x lamb shish, 2x pcs lamb ribs, 2x Pcs lamb chops, chicken wings, £44.95.
- Almedina Platter 3 – 2x Chicken kofta, 2x lamb kofta, 2x chicken shish, 2x lamb shish, 3x pcs lamb ribs, 3x pcs lamb chops, 3x pcs chicken musahab, chicken wings, £54.95.
- Almedina Platter 4 (Seafood) – Sea Bass & King Prawns, £23.95.
- Almedina Platter 5 (SeaFood) – Sea Bass, King Prawns & Fillet Salmon, £34.95.
What’s more, they also do three types of grilled steaks which include the Lamb, Sirloin, Fillet, T-Bone and Rib Eye, respectively.
If you’re after seafood though, then they do, for example, a whole sea bass, again marinated with the restaurant’s signature sauce and spices and grilled over charcoal, for £16.50.
Those looking for an on-the-go meal can opt for a Shawarma wrap served in a freshly cooked flat bread for around £11-12.
In addition, they do wraps and burgers, which includes a Falafel burger.
Almedina Grill & Juice Bar
35 Stokes Croft, Bristol, BS1 3PY.
Opening Hours: Mon-Sun 11:00-23:00