Amber’s Middle Eastern food with a Mediterranean twist
Named after the ancient trade route that transferred amber between Northern and Southern Europe, this Aldgate East cafe is aiming to present dishes worthy of its high end Piazza Square location.
Opening as early as 7am, owners Murat Kilic and Pierre Apri have created an exciting breakfast menu that includes salt baked salmon, whipped feta and burnt aubergine with crushed olives.
For lunch, the duo are offering those pizza-like pides – Turkish flatbreads topped with all sorts of creative ingredients – along with Assembly Coffee expertly crafted by their baristas to complement the eatery’s relaxing mood.
There’s also salads for those seeking after less calories that includes butternut squash, charred broccoli, miso-glazed aubergine and pomegranate.
But the European flavours certainly appear to shine through in the dinner menu, which appears colourfully vibrant and innovative, and includes dishes like:
- Crispy chicken thighs with pickled Sharon fruit, chilli mayo and red slaw
- Stuffed mussels with rice, herbs and cinnamon
- Salgam-cured sea bass with fennel, coriander and orange
- Burnt Truffle Goats Cheese Mousse, roasted and pickled beetroot with toasted chilli peanut cracker
- Fried cauliflower, crispy shallots, green tahini and pomegranate
Reservations can be made from 5pm onwards.
Goodman’s Fields, 21 Piazza Walk, London E1 8QH.
Opening Hours: Mon-Sat 7:00-22:30 | Sun 8:00-22:00