British Pie Week with Lina’s Chicken & Mushroom Pie
This creamy mushroom and chicken will blow your senses with ecstasy. It’s delicious, drippy and scrumptious; a heart warming and comforting British pie I know you all will love.
Happy British Pie Week everyone.
- 1x short crust pastry enough for 4 pies (in ramekins or just one pie in any medium sized pie dish).
- 2x chicken breast cut into shreds.
- 1 onion peeled and chopped.
- 100g mushrooms sliced.
- ½ a red pepper finely chopped.
- 1 clove of garlic.
- ½ tsp black pepper.
- 1 stock cube.
- 2250ml double cream.
- Salt to taste
- On the side – any sautéed seasonal vegetables (green beans, broccoli or even peas).
- Add a dash of vegetable oil into a sauce pan and sauce the chicken. Once it starts cooking, add in the chopped onions and sliced mushrooms.
- Stir and cook for about 3 minutes and then add in the garlic and red pepper; season with salt, stock cube and black pepper and cover to cook on low heat for 8 minutes.
- Add in the double cream and stir for 2 minutes and allow to simmer for about 8 minutes where the cream is slightly thicker on gentle heat.
- Allow to cool slightly and in the meantime, dust your work top and your roller pin with some plain flour. Open the short crust pastry and roll carefully onto the work top. If you are using ramekins then you have to measure and cut accordingly.
- Fill it in with the chicken and mushroom and bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes at 180-200C depending on your oven strength.
- If you are using a pie dish, spray with some oil and then lay in the first piece of dough according to the dish’s style (round, rectangle or even oval).
- Add the stuffing of the chicken and mushroom then cover with another layer of dough; style it or leave it simple its entirely up to you.
If you have any recipes you want published, Contact Us now. We’d love to hear from you!