Moroccan Roast Leg of Lamb – #LoveLambWeek
By Naz Muhammad
Roast leg of lamb is always a treat but it’s even better when made with this simple but delicious Moroccan recipe.
- 1 whole leg of lamb
- 2oz olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 4 tbsp of sweet onion/mango chutney
- 2 tbsp of chopped dates
- 1 tbsp of crushed ginger and garlic
- 1 heaped tsp (or more if you prefer) red chilli flakes
- 1 level tsp of Himalayan salt
- 1 heaped tsp of tandoori masala
- Half a tsp of coarse black pepper
- Heat the oil, spices and chopped fruit in a pan until it begins to sizzle and release an aroma.
- Place the lamb leg in a deep roasting tray. Make slits in the lamb leg to allow the marinade to seep deep into the meat.
- Now spoon the mixture over making sure the front and back are coated well and leave at room temperature for an hour.
- Turn the leg over and rub the mixture in one more time before covering wth foil (make sure it is covered well and no steam can escape) and roasting in the oven at 200°C for an hour then turn the leg over and continue to cook for another hour before checking and turning again.
- It should be ready in around two and a half hours or when the meat is tender to touch and easily coming off the bone.
If you have any recipes you want published, Contact Us now. We’d love to hear from you!