Nutty Petit Fours – Lina Saad
Here’s a delicious and simple recipe on how to make a hash biscuit flavoured with Sicilian lemon, nuts and dark chocolate, by award-winning cook Lina Saad.
Crunchy to bite and a palette melting experience, these biscuits are perfect any time of the day, but especially with tea.
- 1 cup corn starch
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cups of icing sugar
- ¾ cups of soft butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp Sicilian lemon flavouring
- 1 free range egg
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- variety of fully shaped nuts (almonds, pecan, walnuts, pistachios)
- Sieve the corn starch, flour and baking powder into a bowl; this method is necessary to avoid any lumps in the dough.
- Into a stand mixer, sieve the icing sugar and mix with the butter until all creamy.
- Add the egg, lemon flavouring and vanilla and keep mixing until all well combined together.
- Add the dry ingredients (corn starch and flour) and combine evenly until it becomes a dough.
- Use your hands and knead well for about 10 minutes.
- shape them into small balls with your palm and make a tiny well in the middle to add your favourite nut.
- Bake in the oven at 190°C for about 10-15 minutes.
- Drizzle dark chocolate on top after cooled (melt 200g dark chocolate in the microwave, pour into a tubed bottle and drizzle in zig zag form on the biscuit).
If you have any recipes you want published, Contact Us now. We’d love to hear from you!