Roasted shoulder of lamb – SIKIA CookingAdvertisement Advertisement
By SIKIA Cooking
This slow cooked lamb shoulder recipe is like the juiciest, most flavourful, and easy-to-cook dish that you will ever come across.
Here, I share a foolproof recipe that requires minimal effort!
- 2kg Lamb Shoulder
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic Paste
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients (except the lamb shoulder) to make the marinade.
- Make cuts on the fat side of the lamb with a sharp knife, then rub in the marinade, making sure to stuff some of the marinade into the cuts.
- Marinate the meat overnight.
- Next day, preheat the oven to full heat.
- Lay the shoulder lamb on a roasting tray.
- Tightly cover the tray with tin foil and place in the oven. Reduce the heat to gas mark 4 and cook for 3 hours.
- Once cooked, remove the lamb from the oven and place it on a chopping board. Cover loosely with a tin foil and leave it to rest for 10 minutes.
- Place your lamb in a serving plate and you are all done. Time to dig in!
- Serving suggestions: spread some garlic mayonnaise in the centre of a pita or wrap; add some lamb and pickles (and any other vegetables you like); roll it up and you have yourself a lamb shawarma! Or, serve it with pilau rice.
If you have any recipes you want published, Contact Us now. We’d love to hear from you!