Salmon and Prawn Salad – Lina SaadAdvertisement Advertisement
Salmon and prawns go very well together. This is indeed one of my favourite salads. It is light and more of a quick and filling meal after a good soup.
Actually, I prefer it on any weekday because of its simplicity and its nutritional base. It also allows more room for dessert too and I like that.
- 2 packs of good-quality smoked salmon fillets (with peppercorns, honey, dill or even plain)
- 500g Jumbo Tiger Prawns, boiled and cleaned.
- 1x cos or Romaine lettuce, chopped.
- ½ cucumber, sliced.
- 2 avocados, peelod and sliced.
- Handful of baby spinach leaves.
- 50g toasted pine nuts.
- Juice of 1 and half lemons.
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar.
- 30 ml extra virgin olive oil.
- ½ tsp black pepper.
- ½ tsp pimento (paprika).
- Salt to taste.
- It is always your choice of glassware, but with salad meals, whether you have guests over or it’s family only, I suggest semi-deep large salad bowls. These dishes are handy and allow the meat to float over the bed of your chosen vegetables.
- All vegetables have to be thoroughly washed and chopped into your chosen dish, leave the avocado till the end—in other words, till service time; othenwise it turns black.
- Prepare the dressing and set aside with the extra lemon wedge from the half.
- When it’s service time, scatter the salmon fillets into pieces over the vegetables.
- Peel and slice the avocado and place neatly over the vegetables.
- On your griddle, brush some oil and place the prawns for a minute on each side and then scatter over the vegetables with the baby spinach leaves.
- The pine nuts can be toasted in a frying pan for a couple of minutes and then scattered at the end on top of the salad.
- Enjoy with the dressing and some salt.
If you have any recipes you want published, Contact Us now. We’d love to hear from you!