Turmeric Chicken Tacos – The Modern Pakistani CookhouseAdvertisement Advertisement
This girls’ fresh and tasty, ‘jooosy’ Turmeric Chicken Tacos, two ways: piled onto soft flour tortilla, as well as stuffed into crunchy corn taco shells.
The filling is the same for both; but it’s all about what you fancy and how you like to serve it! The soft tortilla tacos get a dollop of freshly made, citrusy guacamole, just like the corn tacoshells do. I promise that this is quick and easy, and feeds four hungry diners easily.
For a Vegan alternative, substitute chicken with spiced sweet potato wedges (cooked the same way as the chicken).
- 1kg chicken breast (washed, cut into approx 1 inch strips)
- ¾ tspn turmeric powder
- ½ tspn cumin powder
- 1-1.5 tspn Himalayan pink salt
- ½ tspn freshly milled black pepper
- Olive oil (generous glug for frying and final flourish)
- 2 large handfuls of kale (stalks removed+ washed)
- 1-2 green bell pepper (finely sliced).
- Squeeze of lemon juice.
- Add a glug of extra virgin olive oil to a pan and fry the chicken on high. Before it begins to seal, add 1 level tspn salt (add more if required afterwards).
- When chicken turns white in colour, add all the spices. Fry, stirring frequently for even cooking. Once ¾ cooked, turn heat down to medium, add kale.
- Place lid on and cook till chicken is tender but not breaking/ shredding in the pan.
- Turn the heat off, throw in green pepper and place the lid firmly on for 6-7 mins. Taste and adjust salt if needed.
- Dress lightly with olive oil. A squeeze of lemon (optional) brings it all to life!
- Serve like I do with homemade guac and shaved cucumber, or however you like. Enjoy!
If you have any recipes you want published, Contact Us now. We’d love to hear from you!