A chance to vote Halal at Golden Chopsticks Awards
An inaugural awards event that will be celebrating the very best of the Oriental food industry in the UK is encouraging diners to vote for and nominate their favourites.
With 16 award categories, The Golden Chopsticks Awards 2018 will recognise the excellence of both the restaurant sector and the contribution made by suppliers, supermarkets, food writers and individuals to the industry’s growth.Advertisement
Voters will even be in with the chance to win a trip of a lifetime to Hong Kong thanks to the event’s sponsors Lee Kum Kee.
Although Chinese Japanese and Thai culture and cuisine have been a significant part of the UK dining scene, Korean Malaysian and Vietnamese are also making huge inroads.
This popularity has also seen a significant growth of Halal in recent years with restaurants in particular increasingly offering either a fully Halal menu or catering for it Halal.
And with so many Halal-oriented restaurants across the country, the opportunity is also there for Halal diners and restaurateurs to vote and nominate.
The awards ceremony is scheduled to take place at Mayfair’s glamorous Mariott London Grosvenor Square hotel on 16 April later this year.
The event boasts a number of world renowned celebrity chefs and experts as part of its prestigious judging panel.
Of the nine judges there’s Ken Hom OBE, one of the most respected and celebrated TV chefs, and Ching-He Huang, an International Emmy nominated TV chef.
The following nine categories are open to public voting:
- The Golden Chopsticks Best Resturant in England
- The Golden Chopsticks Best Restaurant in Wales
- The Golden Chopsticks Best Restaurant in Scotland
- The Golden Chopsticks Best Restaurant in Ireland
- The Golden Chopsticks Best Newcomer (opened since January 1st 2017)
- The Golden Chopsticks Best Takeaway
- The Golden Chopsticks Best Fusion Restaurant
- The Golden Chopsticks Best Restaurant Chain
- The Golden Chopsticks Golden Noodle Award
FtL has collated a large list of Halal and Halal-friendly oriental restaurants under the following categories as potential nominations: