Chaiiwala opens second Indian store in BirminghamHALAL STATUS Fully Halal!
With branches already established across the country, Chaiiwala opened its second Birmingham branch yesterday “due to popular demand”.
The popular Indian restaurant chain is fully Halal, with “chicken purchased from HMC-approved suppliers”, and boasts a total of nine stores now.
Having successfully debued on Ladypool Road, a branch that’s been reviewed as a ‘Your Say’ article here, Chaiiwala’s second is 5-miles down the road on Soho Road.
For those who don’t know, a Chaiiwala is a tea artist or master craftsman of tea, known as Chai in the Indian sub-continent, who works towards perfecting the art of tea making.
Chaiiwala has a simple, yet unique menu, with classic Indo-Pak dishes.
With an extenstive breakfast menu, you can choose from a range of simple yet deliciously sounding dishes that include:
- Desi Breakfast – masala omelette, masala beans or daal (lentil), two classic rotis or toasts, and a cup of karak chai.
- Classic Sweet Paratha glazed with honey.
- Butter chicken Roti Roll.
- Chilli Paneer – cottage cheese chunks in a tangy sauce topped with onions and peppers.
- Bombay Sandwich – potato grilled sandwich with coriander-mint chutney and special sandwich masala.
- Dessert – Gajar Halwa Cheesecake or Sundae, or Chocolate Chaii Mousse.
But there’s more, Chaiiwala has exclusively told FtL: “We have lots of new stores opening in the next three months, InshAllah.”
And the next scheduled one appears to be their fourth on Leicester’s Melton Road, for which they are currently recruiting for Store Manager, Shift Supervisors and Kitchen Staff.
Stay tuned with FtL as we bring you news of Chaiiwala’s successful growth in the coming months.
135 Soho Road, Birmingham B21 9ST.
Opening Hours: Tue-Sat 12:00-23:00 | Sun 12:00–22:30