Chicken Tikka Burger & Mango Relish – Lina Saad
A fantastic recipe by award-winning Lebanese chef and food author Lina Saad.
This time she finds inspiration from the Indian subcontinent to create a recipe on how to cook a beautifully succulent Chicken Tikka Burger along with a tantalising Mango Relish dip to go with any accompaniments.
- 750g Minced Chicken
- 4 tbsp tikka massala
- 1 tsp ketchup
- 1 tsp fruit sauce
- salt to taste
- 1 potato peeled and grated
- 1onion peeled and grated
- 1 egg
- 1 cup golden breadcrumbs
- black pepper
- Tomato slices
- Red onion slices
- Cheddar or Leicester cheese slices
- Into a bowl place the minced chicken and add to it all the ingredients.
- Mix all well together until all fully incorporated.
- Wash your hands, make a ball of the meat through your palm and then press it down slightly.
- Brush a tray with some vegetable oil, add the chicken burgers and grill at 180°C for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with mango relish, lettuce, red onion slices, tomato slices and cheese.
- 200g fresh diced mangoes
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- half a thumb of ginger peeled and grated
- 1 chilli finely chopped
- 40g muscovado sugar
- 30ml apple cider
- 1/2tsp salt
- dash of vegetable oil
- Into a pan add a dash of oil and sauté cook the mangoes, onions, garlic, ginger and chilli.
- Add the muscovado sugar and the apple cider, stir until the sugar melts through, simmer with 50ml water and cook until reduced for about an hour on very low heat.
- Store in a jar after it cools and use whenever you want to tuck into something yummy.
If you have any recipes you want published, Contact Us now. We’d love to hear from you!