Peshawar-style Chapli Kebab – Madiha Shahid
Here is an easy recipe for making this dish at home. I went to inquire about the authentic recipe and met a famous chapli kebab seller who migrated from Peshawar. He told me that “fat” and coriander seeds are the main ingredients which help to make it juicer and tastier.
This Ramadan add these scrumptious kebabs to your iftar and enjoy the taste of Peshawari food.
Preparation time 15-20 mins; serves 4.Advertisement
- Beef Mince 1/2 kg
- Fat 250 grams
- Red chilli flakes 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Chopped green chilies 2 finely chopped
- Salt 1 teaspoon or as required
- Chopped Onion 1
- Egg 1
- Oil for frying 1/3 cup
- Mix spices, mince and fat altogether; add the egg and make round, thin shaped kebabs.
- Add oil in the pan and shallow fry for 7-10 minutes at low flame.
- Lastly, cover the lid for 2 minutes to let it soak all the juices. Serve with grilled onions and tomatoes.
If you have any recipes you want published, Contact Us now. We’d love to hear from you!